Saturday, January 30, 2010

Hibernation Anyone?

One of my resolutions for the new year was to do less "hibernating" than I did in the last half of 2009 (during the whole heart-ripped-out and feeling like no oxygen in my lungs phase). I have been trying to do better, but watching the news and all the horrible things going on in the world makes me not ever want to leave the house again. "People are resilient" says the newscaster over the reports showing all the dead and struggling people in Haiti, the murders going on not too far from my very own zip code, and another Amber Alert for a missing baby who should be playing dolls instead of being in a situation where her life may be at stake. The idea of hibernation sounds better and better with every "breaking news" report. Perhaps I should modify my resolution to "learn to be more resilient" in the New Year.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment