Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Something to Look Forward to....

At the risk of sounding a little cliche, I've begun to think my lack of having something to look forward to may be contributing to my ongoing case of the "blues." I haven't planned anything major in the way of fun goings-on for several months (see earlier post referencing heart-ripped-out....and which I dedicate this special, oh-so-apropos song), which may be part of what is making me a rather grumbly bear. Shouldn't we MAKE time to plan ourselves some fun in between all the work time we seem to put in?! Sheesh, already!

That being said, I am excited to officially announce that a dear friend and I talked about attending an upcoming Jimmy Buffett concert and were actually able to get tickets...now if that isn't a real-live-Christmas-miracle-in-January, I don't know what is!! I revere and applaud her perseverance and online-ticket-purchasing-prowess that has opened the magical door to an upcoming day of Parrot-headed fun and frivolity.

For those who are not familiar with Jimmy Buffett concerts, I consider said concerts as the closest I have personally ever been to an honest-to-goodness religious experience. If you need confirmation (could I make many more bad religious puns?) of my claim, check out Margaritaville or even more appropriately given my claim of religiosity, the Church of Jimmy Buffett website(s). I can't believe there is even a Facebook page for Jimmy Buffett tailgating before the concerts! Been ten years since I went to see the man live and in person (life moves waaaaaay too fast, and I have been too busy doing what others want me to do rather than what I want to do -- to hell with that foolishness!), so there is so much more "virtual Buffett connectivity" that I have to look forward to checking out!

It's going to be an adventure just finding and unpacking the box that has my Buffett concert gear from years past securely within. My homemade parrot t-shirt; leis; my parrot sunglasses; wheeeee! I'm really looking forward to planning for me some tequila-laced, hula-skirt-wearing, boy-flirting, fin-making, dancing-and-singing-along-with-50,000-fans FUN! Wooo Hooooo, indeed!


Signed with love, the Smart Woman (in a Really Short Skirt)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment